Picture this, you’re standing in line at the grocery store, child in tow (who is probably asking you to buy candy). Your cell phone rings, it could be the important call you have been waiting for so, as you blindly dig in your purse with one hand and load the conveyer belt with the other, then your phone beeps and goes to voice mail. Now, if you can just find that coupon (which is amazing you remembered you had it in the first place) and your wallet.
Does any of this sound familiar? We have so many choices of sizes and styles of handbags these days. Some are easier to keep order in than others. I could go on to tell you what to search for in an organized hand bag, but the truth is sometimes the bag that screams “You’ve got to have me” is not the most practical. I can be a slave to fashion just a well as the next girl. Plus, who doesn’t feel awesome carrying a super cool bag.
I have assembled a fashionable and practical way (yes, those 2 words can be in the same sentence) to organize your handbag.
You will need-
– A wallet of your own personal choice and size.
– A small cosmetic bag, I like the clear ones.
– A long flat bag that fits into your purse.
- I know some of us carry more in our handbags than others. Start by dumping the contents out and get rid of the trash, old receipts and that candy bar you felt to guilty to eat.
- Group the contents into like item and like sizes. Let’s go from group to group and choose the best size to fit into that your “just had to get it” bag.
- Cosmetic bag – If you are on like me and carry several choices of lip color and glosses. (If I don’t they will be left behind and I’ll will be bare lipped) Yikes! A small cosmetic bag should do the trick. Look for a clear one, so picking the right color is a little easier.
- A longer case – This is for pens, feminine products, hair ties, etc. I even carry a wine opener (cause you never know) this keeps all those little pieces from floating around the bottom of your purse. Just look twice before you hand the guy next to you, your pen!
- Wallet – Any kind chose the one that works best for you.
- Notebook – You know, the notebook for writing information, numbers and websites that you come across during the day.
- A case for business cards – No more dog-ears and missed opportunities.
- Keys – How much time do you spend a day looking for your keys? Five minutes, ten? Those elusive things. It’s kind of like the ole missing sock from the dryer, you know you put it in there and now it has disappeared. Other than safety pinning your socks together I don’t have any other answers at this time. The keys are easier to find if you have some recognizable key chain attached to them. If there is a clip to hook it to in the inside of your bag or simply keep it in the pocket of your purse inside or out.
- Cell phones – Many handbags these days have outside pockets or a couple small inside pockets. The outside pocket works swimmingly for cell phone storage. Easy access when you are on the run or juggling in the grocery store line.
Isn’t it great that you can be productive, practical and a fashioniesta all at the same time? Heck yeah! I think its time to celebrate with a frappachino (skinny of course) and a little shopping at your fav boutique. Cheers!