It has been a while since my last blog post and I’ve been thinking why is that so…is it motivation? Or writers block or even to many thoughts running through my head I can’t even place them into organized thoughts. I think it is mostly too many thoughts running through my head and I have been in the process or organizing my own home and life! This is what I have been working on and it’s so freeing that I can hardly contain myself from screaming it on my overly taxed modest ranch home. I just got divorced and one of the temporary agreements was to “nest” That means when he is here with the kids I am not and vice versa. At first I thought it was doable, now not so much. To keep myself from going absolutely insane I have been doing some cleaning out of items. Objects and furniture I thought I could never part with, I now can. The need for independence and more personal space, a must. Here are a couple ways I have found in organizing my clients and myself a few very useful resources to get rid of it all!
- EBay – I have a friend who is selling so many things for me on eBay. I have sold some clothing on eBay myself, but she knows the ins and outs. There are many eBay stores that you can bring things to, but they charge a percentage. Try swapping with a friend who knows her stuff and you will both end up happy.
- Good Will – Salvation Army, You know them, they help those who need help and pick up at your home. Wow!
- Friends – When you’re on a roll, a good friend to encourage is a must. Some things I have been talked out of or at least put on hold to sell. (I might regret it later) Other items, I’ve got the cheerleading squad “Hell yea! Donate! Throw it away! EBay! Love my friends.
- My own brain – I’m not some raging lunatic, but I am ready for change. I have to remember to be very sensitive to my kids needs. I haven’t even touched any of their things and probably won’t
- Craig list – What can I say about Craig’s? What a great thing. Remember to have whatever you’re selling in a garage or spot outside of your home. Since it does attract so many “unknowns” keep cautious and only accept cash and money orders.
- Consignment shops – I have seen so many consignment shops pop up in my area. Especially since the economy tanked last year. Consignment shops are great; just know what percentage they are going to take off the top. Your items have to be in good condition and clean. Not a bad deal when you really don’t want to deal with any of it.
Not bad huh? You see I’m not crazy, just ready to move on. When it comes down to it, I really just care about the health and happiness of my kids. The belongings can be replaced and new memories made. I’m not sad, I’m elated and that is the feeling I get from all my clients. That freeing feeling when we push out the extra stuff that weights us down. What weights you down? If you could get rid of 3 things in your home and not feel guilty, what would it be? Think about it. Until next time may your path be clear of clutter and your shoulders feel light. Cheers